Logo Platform

Switch crashing

Copied to clipboard!
2 years ago
Mar 28, 2023, 4:47:30 PM

Hi,

I wanted to create a thread to see if I can get some answers and maybe what I have found will help others potentially have a better time with the game?

My partner recently bought me the game on switch and I've been so invested in it that you could say it's a bit of a problem, but unfortunately I'm finding it really difficult to play when the game keeps crashing and I lose soooo much progress - it really is disheartening. 

I did notice, however, that it was crashing when it was auto saving. I also found the length of time between crashes increased when manually saving on a regular basis (not something I should have to do but it helps nonetheless). I also found changing the autosave to do it's thing from every month to once every 6 months - but there have been a couple occasions that the game crashes unprompted (probably because the game is trying to do too many things at once I guess?).

Do the devs know when this issue will be fixed? I've synced 50+ hours into the game to far but feels like a third of that time has been wasted on loading screens and crashes. 

I was considering getting two point hospital but am very put off ~ especially when there doesn't seem to be proper answers here in the forums from what I can see.

My partner has been playing Campus on PS5 and he's so far not found any game issues at all and its kind of making me jealous ??

Thanks ?

0Send private message
2 years ago
Mar 28, 2023, 6:03:15 PM

Mine crashes constantly.  I’m asking for a refund.  Apparently it’s been going on for months. 

0Send private message
2 years ago
Mar 29, 2023, 8:06:35 AM
bwylie81 wrote:

Mine crashes constantly.  I’m asking for a refund.  Apparently it’s been going on for months. 

It really does suck, a lot. Especially when there's no answers given or any kind of updates to the problem

0Send private message
2 years ago
Mar 29, 2023, 8:49:05 AM

Two point hospital doesn't crash thankfully. Are the developers of campus even bothering to try to fix this anymore? 

0Send private message
0Send private message
2 years ago
Mar 30, 2023, 12:47:57 AM

I keep having it crash and have gotten into the habit of manually saving after I've made major progress (like a whole new classroom). I find it tends to crash when there's a lot going on and it's gotten more frequent the further into the game I go.

I hope they solve it soon, it's a bit disheartening 

0Send private message
2 years ago
Mar 31, 2023, 6:17:11 PM
AsterixAbu wrote:

I keep having it crash and have gotten into the habit of manually saving after I've made major progress (like a whole new classroom). I find it tends to crash when there's a lot going on and it's gotten more frequent the further into the game I go.

I hope they solve it soon, it's a bit disheartening 

Manually saving has saved my butt a few times! It's now an engrained habit of mine since I've lost so much progress before. 

I agree, I think the switch gets too overloaded with stuff that it can't handle and end of months when you get all the new requirement+game save+income etc it just crashes. It's so frustrating 

0Send private message
2 years ago
Mar 31, 2023, 7:21:11 PM

I love this game and was playing it obsessively when it came out. I made the choice to purchase it for switch and not pc bc I wanted to be able to play it on the go. However, it crashed constantly. There was an update and the crashes were less, but it seems like after I hit two stars, it happens every 15 mins to the point where I had to stop playing bc it just wasn't fun any more. I contacted Sega and they gave me a canned response. I contacted them again in response and frankly got a snarky comment back saying they were aware of the issue and were working on it. That was in August of 2022. I am very disappointed that there hasn't been a resolution to this problem. it's obvious the game wasn't tested fully on switch when it should have been tested to at least complete one of the campuses. It feels like they slapped a version together for Switch and feels like the game graphics may be to heavy for Switch, since it seems in every instance that the crash occurs when the campus is getting bigger an more objects are on the screen. It makes me sad bc I really loved this game but I don't see myself buying it again for PC when the version I bought for Switch has never been fixed. I really wanted to buy the new DLCs, but I won't until the crashes stop happening. Thanks for reading my rant. I am sure lots of other Switch players are feeling the same. With peace and love, violetpoodle

0Send private message
2 years ago
Mar 31, 2023, 9:40:43 PM

Its sad that the people who buy the game that puts money in their pockets are being ignored, can a Dev please give an update? 

0Send private message
2 years ago
Apr 1, 2023, 1:24:03 PM

Mine keeps crashing like once every 15 minutes once I get two stars on any campus. I’m getting more and more frustrated and I’m considering asking for a refund because this is not okay! SO PLEASE, IF ANYONE IN CHARGE SEES THIS! FIX THE DAMN ISSUE!

0Send private message
2 years ago
Apr 5, 2023, 12:04:55 PM

I tried tweeting their Twitter account but not got a response, I wonder if loads of people decided to tweet them and bombard their Twitter feed with complaints whether they'd look into it? 

0Send private message
0Send private message
2 years ago
Apr 5, 2023, 2:48:17 PM

Hey everyone, 

We have a dedicated thread to show our progress with the crashes some players like yourselves are experiencing on Switch. The latest post was yesterday, giving some details on the Update 6.0 (coming soon). Take a look here for the latest information.

0Send private message
10 months ago
Jan 1, 2024, 7:23:04 AM

I've updated my game and it's still crashing ?

I stopped playing for about 6 months and was hoping it was sorted by now but unfortunately not.  I bought expansions last night and was looking forward to playing them today but after the game crashing numerous times already I've given up again 

0Send private message
8 months ago
Feb 18, 2024, 3:43:46 PM

Just purchased two point campus a few weeks ago and wow, I’ve never experienced such an unstable game.
runs fine as you approach one star on any campus but increasingly crashes as you add complexity to your campus.

Now it’s crashing when I try to add rooms and hangs/lags when I try to scroll around campus.
it also takes two lifetimes to boot up, often lagging and getting stuck.

Pretty awful performance for an up to date version of the game.

Really bummed I bought it honestly now that I see it has a long history of awful performance.

I have 50+ games on my switch and NONE of them have ever crashed, stalled, or lagged. I honestly didn’t even know they could until two point campus. 

0Send private message
8 months ago
Feb 19, 2024, 3:51:11 PM

Ours has constantly been crashing on ps4 t since day of relea. Did it 5 times in space of few hours yesterday...So now restarting the whole thing on ps5 as they say 'saved data' can be corrupt ?‍♂️?‍♂️...

No one answers you and just get ignored..

0Send private message
5 months ago
May 27, 2024, 3:17:22 PM

I see this post was created a year ago, it's still happening, I just bought the medical school DLC and if anything, it's worse...

0Send private message
5 months ago
May 30, 2024, 10:47:47 PM

My nintendo switch keeps crashing when playing campus is there away to solve this yet ? 

0Send private message
4 months ago
Jul 4, 2024, 4:45:49 PM

Gillian03 wrote:

My nintendo switch keeps crashing when playing campus is there away to solve this yet ? 

same it’s already 2024 and experiencing constant crashing when playing the game.

0Send private message
3 days ago
Oct 18, 2024, 9:00:59 PM

My game crashes about once an hour and has been doing so for the last few days. I'm playing on the switch. 

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment