Logo Platform
Two Point Campus
Universe banner wording

General Troubleshooting (PC)

Copied to clipboard!
2 years ago
Aug 9, 2022, 12:50:18 PM

General Troubleshooting

Before you post a bug, it's a good idea to look through this troubleshooting guide first to see if anything here resolves the problem for you!

Minimum System Requirements

First thing to check is that your computer meets our minimum requirements - You can check this on our Steam store page here;

Antivirus

Sometimes antivirus can interfere with the game, and stop it running or cause freezing and crashes during game play. Make sure that Two Point Campus is excluded from checks (you can disable the antivirus as a quick check)

Graphics + Sound chipset/cards Drivers

Make sure that all of your drivers are up to date.

For Nvidia cards please see here:

http://www.geforce.co.uk/drivers

You may also need to download the "Nvidia Geforce Experience" Programme and download the newest Game-Ready-Drivers.

For AMD Radeon/ ATi cards:

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

For integrated Intel chipsets:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx?lang=eng

Windows/Mac Updates

It's good to check that you are all up to date with your OS!

Windows:

Check in your Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update

Mac:

Apple Icon > Software update

Re-verifying game files

Sometimes Steam goes a bit wrong and fails to install or update the game correctly! We don't know why this happens, but do know that is causes launch issues and other bugs. You can check to this isn't an issue for you follow these steps;

1. Load Steam

2. From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.

3. Select the Local files tab and click the ‘VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES…’ button.

4. Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.

5. Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.

6. We recommend verifying your cache twice to make sure all files are fully downloaded

If you've gone through the above steps, please create a new thread to let us know the bug you're experiencing! 

0Send private message
2 years ago
Aug 14, 2022, 11:19:40 PM

Hey there,

I am playing campus on my switch, but it crashes all the time. In 2 hours I already had 4 crashes. Do you think an update will come soon?

Best wishes,

Maarten Molenkamp

The Netherlands

0Send private message
0Send private message
2 years ago
Aug 19, 2022, 8:58:51 PM

I play on the switch and the game crashes a lot as mentioned above. My game has now crash and although the map is loading, when I click on the campus it won't load even after 15 minutes. I tried closing the software and re-launching but the same issue occurs. Any ideas as I can't play now? :(

0Send private message
a year ago
Feb 9, 2023, 7:15:21 PM

I'm not sure is a bug, but it seems that having room templates freezes the game a bit when opening the construction menu on MS version. I know it may be related to my template rooms being too populated (with decorations, for high prestige) or are many templates and thus it requires some loading/reading from files that are slowing down the game. An alternative I see is that it only loads those room templates when you select the template option, not the whole construction menu in general, because sometimes you are doing the room from zero and not using the templates, thus no need to freeze the game a bit to read such information.

0Send private message
a year ago
Feb 10, 2023, 10:26:18 AM

Hi Kanaletto,

Thank you for posting.

Your deduction is correct, the templates are being loaded when you enter the build menu. The more templates you have, the more it will need to load. 

If you are able to run Two Point Campus from an SSD it would help, but I realise not everyone has an SSD and they can be expensive.

I will certainly pass your feedback on to the programmers.

Let me know if you want to raise anything else.

Thanks,

Chizel

0Send private message
8 months ago
Aug 17, 2023, 8:28:23 PM

Cannot adjust control settings to include mouse for pc. Things like mouse wheel fir zoom, right click delete, or drag to pan. Am I doing something wrong? I'm trying to use the mouse column of options to no avail.

0Send private message
8 months ago
Aug 21, 2023, 12:25:25 PM

Hi HesitantRogue2,

Sorry that you are having trouble with keybinds.

Could you tell me what it is in particular that you are trying to change on the mouse settings? 

Thanks,

Chizel

0Send private message
7 months ago
Sep 11, 2023, 3:38:45 PM

I noticed that when I have a big campus it starts to lag quite seriously. I don't think that it is caused by my PC since I have it powerful. Could it be something in the game?

0Send private message
7 months ago
Sep 19, 2023, 6:03:05 AM
twopointjo wrote:

General Troubleshooting

Before you post a bug, it's a good idea to look through this troubleshooting guide first to see if anything here resolves the problem for you!

Minimum System Requirements

First thing to check is that your computer meets our minimum requirements - You can check this on our Steam store page here;

Antivirus

Sometimes antivirus can interfere with the game, and stop it running or cause freezing and crashes during game play. Make sure that Two Point Campus is excluded from checks (you can disable the antivirus as a quick check)

Graphics + Sound chipset/cards Drivers

Make sure that all of your drivers are up to date.

For Nvidia cards please see here:

http://www.geforce.co.uk/drivers

You may also need to download the "Nvidia Geforce Experience" Programme and download the newest Game-Ready-Drivers.

For AMD Radeon/ ATi cards:

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

For integrated Intel chipsets:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx?lang=eng

Windows/Mac Updates

It's good to check that you are all up to date with your OS!

Windows:

Check in your Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update

Mac:

Apple Icon > Software update

Re-verifying game files

Sometimes Steam goes a bit wrong and fails to install or update the game correctly! We don't know why this happens, but do know that is causes launch issues and other bugs. You can check to this isn't an issue for you follow these steps;

1. Load Steam

2. From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.

3. Select the Local files tab and click the ‘VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES…’ button.

4. Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.

5. Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.

6. We recommend verifying your cache twice to make sure all files are fully downloaded

If you've gone through the above steps, please create a new thread to let us know the bug you're experiencing! 

My game is on the switch doing that. I tried everything you’re supposed to say two hours of hard work and stay with me doing this it doesn’t random this and other things to random

0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message