Logo Platform

[KNOWN ISSUE] FIXED - Update 10.2 Missing Save on Mac

Copied to clipboard!
a month ago
Apr 3, 2024, 4:23:26 PM

Hi all,

We’re really sorry, but a small number of Mac users have reported that the update from this morning has caused their saves to go missing. 

We’re doing everything possible to figure out what is causing the problem. We are confident that saves are not being fully wiped, but we are still looking into it.

If you have been affected, please send me your Two Point Campus Folder, here’s how: 

Open a Finder Window and chose "Go To Folder" from the Go Menu (https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/mac-help/mchlp1236/mac). Enter the following path: ~/Library/Application Support/ Find the folder called com.twopointstudios.com/twopointcampus. Zip this folder and send it to me using campus.support@twopointstudios.com.

Thanks for your patience whilst we investigate!

Chizel

Updated a month ago.
0Send private message
a month ago
Apr 4, 2024, 12:40:28 AM

this file does not exist. i bought the game through steam if that makes a difference

0Send private message
a month ago
Apr 4, 2024, 1:31:03 AM

It seems TPC has created a new support folder:

~/Library/Application Support/com.Two-Point-Studios.Two-Point-Campus instead of using the pre-existing and similarly named:

~/Library/Application Support/com.twopointstudios.twopointcampus

I was able to copy the "Cloud" folder from the old location to the new one and restore my save file and room templates. 

0Send private message
a month ago
Apr 4, 2024, 3:07:44 AM

I went to zip the file and noticed the same, a new folder with no save data seems to have been created on mac with this update:

com.Two-Point-Studios.Two-Point-Campus (new)

com.twopointstudios.twopointcampus (old)

Saves are still in the old one

0Send private message
0Send private message
a month ago
Apr 4, 2024, 7:55:15 AM

Morning all,

Thanks for your comments. 

As some of you have seen, the issue is that the game is creating/reading from a new folder. We're not sure why this happened, but we're testing some fixes now to make it read from the original location. 

If you want to play whilst you wait for our fix, you will need to copy your game save from the com.twopointstudios.twopointcampus  into com.Two-Point-Studios.Two-Point-Campus. Bare in mind that you will then need to do this the other way round once the patch is launched, other wise you will lose progress. 

Here are the required steps for the workaround:

1. Locate the original save folder: ~/Library/Application Support/com.twopointstudios.twopointcampus/Cloud/XXXX (this represents a folder that is a series of numbers which is your Steam ID).
  2. Copy the numbered Steam ID folder. 
  3. Paste onto your desktop so that you have it backed up and then continue.
  4. If you use Steam Cloud sync, turn this off.
  5. Locate the new Two Point Campus Folder:  ~/Library/Application Support/com.Two-Point-Studios.Two-Point-Campus /Cloud
  6. If you launched the game previously, the Cloud folder may have already populated your Steam ID Folder. If this is the case, delete it and then paste the Steam ID folder copied from the previous location into the new Cloud Folder. 
  7. Launch Campus and check that your save is working. 
  8. If you are happy, you can save/quit and then turn Steam Cloud sync back on. 

We're sorry again for the inconvenience, we'll get this fixed as soon as possible!

If you have any questions, let me know. 

Thanks for your patience,

Chizel

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
a month ago
Apr 5, 2024, 9:15:27 AM

Hi All,

We've just released a patch for the Mac issue.  

If you followed the work around to transfer your save to the new folder (com.Two-Point-Studios.Two-Point-Campus), you will need to copy your save back to the original folder (com.twopointstudios.twopointcampus) so that you don't lose progress. 

Don't forget to turn off cloud sync when doing this either! 

Really sorry for the inconvenience. Let me know if you still have any problems.

Thanks,

Chizel

0Send private message
a month ago
Apr 5, 2024, 9:19:29 AM

@asherah If you didn't follow the workaround, you should be able to update and play without any hiccups. Please try this and let me know if you need more help. 

Thanks,

Chizel

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
a month ago
Apr 5, 2024, 4:13:09 PM

Hi lilmushington,

Sorry to hear this! 

Can you tell me if you used the workaround to copy files from the original folder to the new one accidently created with the update? 

If so, please turn off cloud sync and then take the save from com.Two-Point-Studios.Two-Point-Campus and paste it into com.twopointstudios.twopointcampus. Your save should then be recognised.

Let me know how you get on! 

Chizel

Two Point Studios

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment