Logo Platform

Transfer save/progression from PC Game Pass to Steam

Copied to clipboard!
2 years ago
Aug 26, 2022, 7:47:45 AM

Hello,

I would like to be able to transfer my current progression on PC Game Pass to Steam so that I can continue my game on the Steam platform if need be. Right now i think the save format used in the Xbox ecosystem is not the same as the Steam release ? Even if you access the files on your drive, you can't simply copy them to the steam folder I believe.

0Send private message
0Send private message
2 years ago
Oct 30, 2022, 11:30:35 PM

Cant you work on that somehow? I think it is possble to do so. But it is painful process. You have to carefully go one by one level (start the game on steam) - save the game quit and see the files created just by this one level. Then you have to turn off save cloud function. Among many xbox game pass savegame files you need to find the exact files as they are in steam folder and you have to rename them. Then you have to turn on save cloud function and try it if you chose correct files. If yes. You turn off the save cloud function and start another level. I would suggest to work on that because you are against yourself. First of wall. People who finish the game on the game pass wont feel the need to buy this game (especially not for full price). People who did not finish it on game pass wont have the need to play that game from scratch on steam when they cant transfer the savegames (I wrote they cant, because it is difficult that for many people it means they cant).

0Send private message
2 years ago
Oct 31, 2022, 6:59:50 AM

im playing this on steam and have it on xbox, 2 different saves , now on my 3rd time round playing from start ( new game ) on steam, and second time round on my xbox, and taking everything i have learned so far , and i never end up playing it the same way on either, and still enjoying the game 

0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment